Saturday, February 26, 2011

Bowling Bonanza

Ni hao!

I started teaching again this week, I teach two classes on Tuesday, one on Wednesday and two on Thursday, so yes you could say I have a pretty strenuous life. Having a four day weekend is stressful! hahaha My students this semester are pretty smart so I'm gonna have to up my lesson plans, which is fine because it'll just be more interesting for me :) Let's see yesterday we went into Chongqing and after many bus and taxi rides and confusing directions we finally found a bowling alley. Well it's more like 6 lanes in the middle of a mall, right next to an ice skating rink, pretty crazy! A note on Chinese bowling skills....even though there are illustrated instructions in the alley demonstrating the proper technique of bowling, the Chinese have found their own methods for hurling a ball into 10 pins. I can't quite describe it but if you can imagine a praying mantus having a seizure while periodically striking a pose for an invisible photographer and then suddenly tossing the ball down the lane as if it had caught fire, then you have the Chinese in our neighboring lane. But it was really fun, I even broke 100 for 2 of my games hahah. I'm sure we'll be headed back that direction sometime soon :D

The sun is out! It's probably in the 60's now and it feels fantastic. If the temperatures stay up I'll be able to go swimming in a week or two! Not much else is new here, hope all is well back home!

No comments:

Post a Comment