Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Final Countdown

It has begun. One week from today I will be over the Pacific on my way to China. That means 6 days and some odd hours is probably when I'll start packing. It'll get done. I'm filled with quite a concotion of emotions as the days creep by and my bookmark moves further and further in my Chinese travel book. I've been spending most of my pre-departure days filling up on food and activites that will be deeply missed abroad such as concert-going, zebra cake-eating, mario kart wii-playing, cheese-consuming, and of course friend and family-loving. I'm too excited about living and working in China and thinking about all the new places I'll see, people I'll meet and food to try, to think about all I'll miss back home! I'm making a new home! But just for good measure... I'm off to find some gouda.

No comments:

Post a Comment